BREAKING NEWS from AILA National:
“DHS will formally announce this morning that it will offer deferred action to DREAMers.
Preliminary information indicates that eligible applicants must:
• Be 15-30 years old, and have entered before age 16
• Have been present in the U.S. for 5 years as of June 15, 2012
• Have maintained continuous residence
• Have not been convicted of one serious crime or multiple minor crimes
• Be currently enrolled in high school, graduated or have a GED, or have enlisted in the military The deferred action offer will be available to those in proceedings as well as to those who apply affirmatively.
The White House is expected to make a formal announcement this afternoon at 1:15 EST.”
More information will be available as details emerge.